Perform a Pre-Trip Inspection
Perform a pre-trip inspection and travel with peace of mind. Pull away from your home or campsite knowing your RV is in good working order, and everything is secure for the journey.
- Inspect each of your motorhome’s or trailer and tow vehicle’s tires. As well as checking tire pressure, look for signs of uneven tread wear, cracks in the sidewalls or treads, and check lugs for tightness
Make sure your lights are on and shining bright. Check your:
- Turn signals
- Brake lights
- Reverse lights
Other external checks
- Check windshield wipers and assess wear of blades
- Top up windshield washer fluid
- Wipe to clear dirt from back up camera lenses
- Raise jacks
- Check battery condition
- When you’re hooked up and ready to go, double check all connections to ensure they are secure with pins in place and safety chains are attached
Hoses & cords
- Check that your sewer hose, water hose, and power cord are disconnected and put away
Talk a final walk around
- Circling your RV, check for open windows and vents or antennas left up, slides not fully shut, and check that your awning is locked and secure
- All gear stored away
- Storage and access doors are shut and locked.
- Peek underneath your RV for forgotten gear, wheel chocks or toys, as well as any signs of fluid leaks from your vehicle
- Retract entry steps
- Shut all interior doors, cabinets and drawers
- Shut windows and vents
- Secure fridge items for travel
- Turn off all lights
- Clear countertops
- Turn off water pump
- Check that your essential RV supplies are stocked up
- Put away or secure anything that could fall or move
- Turn off appliances, and check the pilots
Lastly, make sure everyone is in and buckled up. Enjoy your trip!
To learn more, talk to the helpful staff at your local RV Care Dealership. Find the one closest to you on our map.