This article is also available in French
There are many Canadians who have their RV tucked away in hibernation, with no intention of bringing it out until the cold winter months are over. However, this does not mean you need to completely forget about your unit during this time. Winter is a great opportunity to get things fixed and get time consuming tasks out of the way, so that they aren’t cutting into a precious RV adventure! It’s also a great time to get outdoors or begin planning your RV excursions for next year!
- Order new tires: Sometimes, depending on the year, make and model of your RV, getting new tires can take up to a few weeks.
- Update your camping supplies: Most RV dealers at this time of year have great sales and promotions, making this the perfect time of year to get all of your RV accessories and camping knick-knacks. Also, don’t forget to get your Adco RV cover from your local RV Care Dealer, while they are still on sale!
- Get large repairs done: Depending on how bad the damage on your unit is, large repairs can take a while to be done. Getting them fixed during the winter season will allow for the dealerships to give your unit the attention that it needs and it will be as good as new, and ready for the upcoming RV season.
- Compile your memories: Summer is busy and more often than not, photos get taken to just be saved and lost in a folder on your computer. Take some time this winter to organize all of your RVing memories into a photo album of some sort, to share with your friends and family.
- Look for a new RV: This is the time of year that RV dealers have amazing deals & sales on the past and current year RV models, so now is a great time to buy! Several dealers also offer special financing for those who buy an RV over the winter.
- Sell your RV: Many dealers are looking for pre-owned RVs in good condition to supplement their current stock. There is less happening at the dealerships at this time so they will be able to take a closer look to help you get the best bang for your buck!
- Redesign the interior: Have fun with your unit and change it up! Look for creative ways to change patterns and styles in your unit, while also updating functionality.
- Create epic meal plans: These are always great in theory, but realistically they usually never get done because they are time consuming. Begin planning them out now, so they can be easy to follow on your next trip!
- Research for next year: It’s never to early to begin planning your RV escapades for next year. Research new campgrounds and uncover hidden gems to explore on your 2016 RVing Adventures!
- Organize, clean & disinfect! Get all of your camping supplies and RV accessories in good working order so that they are ready for another season. This includes washing and refreshing bed sheets + linens, dishes, tools, supplies etc.
- Get out and explore the great outdoors! For the avid outdoor enthusiast or adventure seeker, Canada’s winter wonderland offers a variety of activities to get you out of the house!