Father’s Day is coming up, and what better place to celebrate than at the campsite? Camping really brings the whole family together, making lasting memories of time well-spent together. Here are some recipes and ideas for throwing the ultimate Father’s Day BBQ at the campsite.
Use lighting to create a cozy atmosphere. String up some awning lights and light a few candles for the table setting. Add a personalized touch by having photos of past camping trips with dad framed and displayed for a table centerpiece, or with young kids, have them draw pictures of themselves and their Dad doing their favourite camping activity.
Play Fun Family Games
Plan a few fun games to keep everyone entertained while dinner’s on the grill. Everyone enjoys a good nature scavenger hunt through the campground, ring or bean bag toss, or some favourite card games like Go Fish, Crib, or Crazy Eights.
Awesome Appetizers and Sides
It’s all about the delicious flavours! Serve these fun starters and sides along with your main course:
- Campfire Corn Dog Dip: Hot dogs, fresh corn, and lots of cheese, serve this fun and gooey dip while warm with chips.
- Fiery Campfire Veggies: Fresh veggies are drizzled with olive oil, sriracha, and crushed red pepper flakes, before being roasted to perfection.
- Classic Potato Salad: you can’t go wrong with a classic!
Camping and grilling go together so perfectly. Here are a few main course ideas:
- Grilled Chicken Cordon Bleu: Get the flavour of a traditional cordon bleu with this simple deconstructed version.
- Grilled Pork Chops with Succotash: these succulent grilled pork chops cook quickly and are perfectly paired with a summery succotash, made with fresh corn, ripe tomatoes and tender beans.
- Easiest-Ever Grilled Veggie Burgers: for the vegetarian dad, whip up these from-scratch veggie burgers and finish with your favourite toppings.
- Garlic Grilled Steaks: take your steak to new flavor heights by basting it with this great garlicky blend.
Mix up Cocktails & Mocktails
For a refreshing summer cocktail, try out Fresh off the Grid’s Hazy Shandy, an IPA cut with a citrusy San Pellegrino. For a mocktail that the whole family can enjoy, mix up a pitcher of this refreshing and fruity virgin Sangria.