Cet article est aussi offert en français.
The new year in Canada brings resolutions for change, more chilly winter weather, and, of course, RV shows! From coast to coast, you’ll find great crowds of fellow RV enthusiasts gathering to see the latest RV units and gear. The size and scope of these shows may seem a bit overwhelming, but with the right preparations you’ll be able to get the most out of your next RV show experience!
Start before you’ve even left home
1. Do your Homework. While heading out on a whim can be fun, if you’re seriously considering a big purchase, it’s important to do your homework. The better idea you have of what you’re looking for, the easier it will be to stay focused and find it. By researching pricing ahead of time, you’ll be able to spot the great deals.
2. Have a budget. The choices at an RV show can be overwhelming, sticking to your budget is a good way to narrow down your options and keep you focused on what you can afford.
3. Keep your stats handy. Do you know the maximum tow weight for your vehicle? If you’re purchasing a trailer, make sure you’re buying one that will work with your vehicle.
Once your research is prepped, grab your notebook or smartphone, pull on some comfortable footwear and you’re ready to go!
4. Take your time. Start slow and take a good look around, make a note of where you want to come back and spend more time. Many RV show admissions are good for more than one day, so take advantage of that!
5. Jot it down. Take a picture of the units you like and write down what you think! Include your first impressions, pricing, favourite features, the salesperson you were talking to and anything else you want to remember. The Notes function on iPhones allow you to take notes and add photos right into the page, and is a great way to keep everything together.
6. Ask Questions. Take advantage of the wealth of information available at RV shows, and learn from the salespeople as well as any available seminars. Even chatting with fellow RVers is a great way to learn and get new ideas.
7. Have fun! RV shows are great fun, connecting with fellow RVers, see all the new gear. There are usually lots of kid-friendly activities too, making it a great family outing.
8. Consider the dealership. Remember, when you purchase from an RV Care dealer, you’re joining an entire network of friendly, customer-focused RV dealerships across the country. If you need service while traveling, theclosest RV Care dealer will treat you like one of their own, giving you the best possible service and attention.